Jauna Microsoft plānošanas un infrastruktūras novērtēšanas rīkkopa 3.2
Ir pieejama jauna Microsoft Plānošanas un infrastruktūras novērtēšanas rīkkopa (toolkit) - Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.2: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb977556.aspx
Šī versija iekļauj būtiskas jaunas novērtēšanas iespējas:
- Vistas ieviešanas iespēju novērtēšana;
- Office 2007 ieviešanas iespējas;
- Windows Serveru lomu novērtēšana;
- Virtualizācijas iespēju novērtēšana;
- Serveru konsolidācijas iespēju novērtēšana;
- un citas plānošanas un novērtēšanas iespējas.
Šis rīks tiek izmantots lielās organizācijās lai izvērtētu infrastruktūras attīstības iespējas. Ceru ka jums arī noderēs, lai palīdzētu pieņemt lēmumus infrastruktūras plānošanas un attīstības jautājumos.
Papildus informācija MAP grupas emuāros: http://blogs.technet.com/mapblog/archive/2008/11/03/rtm-news-microsoft-assessment-and-planning-toolkit-3-2-for-power-savings-and-management-now-available.aspx
MAP Grupas paziņojums:
RTM ALERT: Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.2 RTM Version Now Available!
Many of you are in the midst of an IT migration or upgrade planning but do not know with 100% certainty what computers are in your IT environment or what applications have been deployed. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 3.2 (RTM Version) makes it easier for customers and partners like you to quickly identify what servers, workstations, and network devices are in your IT environment. MAP also provides specific and actionable IT proposals and reports to help customers get the most value out of Microsoft products and infrastructure. Over 510,000 Microsoft customers and partners have already used MAP and its prior versions including Costco Wholesale Corporation, Continental Airlines, and Banque de Luxembourg.
Introducing Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.2
MAP is a scalable and agent-less assessment platform designed to make it easier for you to adopt the latest Microsoft technologies. In this version, MAP has expanded its assessment capabilities to include SQL Server 2008, Forefront/NAP, and Microsoft Online Services migration, as well as providing a Power Savings assessment to help you "go green."
In summary, MAP 3.2 assessment areas now include:
- SQL Server 2008 Migration Proposals and Reports (NEW!)
- Forefront/NAP Readiness Proposals (NEW!)
- Microsoft Online Services Migration Surveys, Proposals, and Reports (NEW!)
- Power Savings Proposals (NEW!)
- Server Migration Reports and Proposals (Windows Server 2008 and "virtualized guests by hosts" reporting) (NEW!)
- Server Consolidation Reports and Proposals (Virtual Server 2005 R2 and Hyper-V)
- Desktop Security Assessment to determine if desktops have anti-virus and anti-malware programs installed and up-to-date, or if the Windows Firewall is turned on
- Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 Hardware Assessment Reports and Proposals
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit performs key functions that include hardware and device inventory, compatibility analysis, and readiness reporting.
MAP utilizes an enterprise-scale, agent-less architecture that enables users to inventory servers, desktops, applications, and network devices without installing any software agents on each machine being assessed. This tool has the ability to discover all computers within Active Directory, and most importantly, non-IT managed machines such as workgroup members.
Additionally, MAP can generate localized desktop readiness reports in seven languages including North American English, German, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Benefits to You
- Fast and Agent-less. MAP provides secure network-wide assessment of environments of up to 100,000 computers in a matter of hours instead of days, all without deploying any software agents on each inventoried machine.
- Saves Pre-Sales and Planning Time. For most IT consultants and Microsoft Partners, a detailed network inventory and assessment of servers and desktops often takes days of manual labor. With MAP, you can now drastically reduce the time it takes for the same inventory to a matter of hours; allowing you more time to focus your efforts on critical pre-sales engagement tasks. For IT professionals, MAP can significantly reduce the time it takes to gather the information necessary to make the business case for client and server migration, as well as for your upcoming virtualization projects.
- Actionable Recommendations and Reporting. MAP offers valuable inventory and readiness assessment reports with specific upgrade recommendations and virtualization candidate reports that make it easier for IT migration and deployment projects to get off the ground and running.
- Coverage from Desktops to Servers. MAP provides technology assessment and planning recommendations for many Microsoft desktop and server products including SQL Server 2008, Forefront/NAP, Microsoft Online Services, Windows Server 2008, Hyper-V, Virtual Server 2005 R2, Windows Vista, 2007 Microsoft Office, Microsoft Application Virtualization (or App-V), System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007, and more.
Next Steps - How to Get Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit?